Thursday, November 12, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Uses a Stamp in Reverse to Add Color


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I thought of using the solid back of my stamp to color the outline image :) An easy way to add color when you don't feel like coloring LOL

So, here's a look at the finished card:




STEP 1
I started out by stamping the sentiment from Dee's Artsy Impressions - Christmas Bell Medley first as this will be a one layer card and I will build around my sentiment.



STEP 2
 Then I stamped the bell stamp in the reverse direction to get a solid stamp image and randomly stamped it on my card base. Then I did a second round of stamping over the solid image using the stamp the way it is supposed to be used :)




STEP 3
Finally I stamped a few other stamps from the set on the card base to build a background. I also went with a red colored pencil over the bells to add some shading.




Here's the finished card once again :)



That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!


Stamps Deepti used in today's project:




Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for November. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner in December.

16 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and a fabulous idea to use the reverse of the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea. I shall be giving this idea a go...Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, extra points on creativity for this idea. The results look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool technique and perfect for when time is short. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this technique before but have never given it a try. I think I need to because i LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice idea Deepti!! Love the colors you have chosen!! Very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a festive card! I love how you have stamped the black on the red and left a little gap. Love your finished card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I will definitely have to give that a try. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use this technique a lot, so easy peasy, LOVE how Deepti's card turned out, holiday perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Deepti! That is one creative way of stretching stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an important and must use technique...I am gonna try this for sure... beautiful card Deepti! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)