Wednesday, March 08, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Gets Snap-Happy With The Camera




I've been playing with the camera image from the February 2017 stamp club set, Hello You. I decided to repeat-stamp two panels, and then apply different colouring methods to each.



When I was stamping the left-hand panel, one of the images didn't stamp properly, and I thought it was because I hadn't re-inked the stamp well enough. But it was worse when I stamped the second panel, even though I'd taken more care with the inking up. When I'm stamping, I work on a pile of scrap paper, and when the top layer gets too dirty and inky I just remove it from the top of the pile and then I've got a clean surface. And this time, when I removed the top layer, there were a couple of sneaky die-cut numbers under the paper - no wonder my stamping was bad!



On one panel I watercoloured the cameras, and on the other panel I watercoloured the background and left the cameras uncoloured. Then I played around with the card bases before adhering, so that I could decide which combination looked better. (I drew in the missing lines with a black pen.)



Coloured cameras on black, coloured background on white?  Or...


Coloured background on black, coloured cameras on white?  I went for this second option.  Then it was just a case of adhering the panels to the card bases.



I decided not to add a sentiment to either card, I like the visual impact of them just as they are.


If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.


8 comments:

  1. Cameras coloured or not, on black or white, with coloured or not coloured panels...the math equates to the same: I LOVE THESE! That is all!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! Love the cameras in those pretty colors, although both cards are great! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the repeat stamping and the coloured background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun cards Shirley!!! These are really adorable!! <3
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, fun idea. Another one to try. TFS. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)