Thursday, April 20, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Seeing Things Differently with Deepti


Hello, friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am sharing how we can make use of our stamps differently. The flower that you see in my card is not a floral stamp but  a scribbled stamp from one of the mixed media stamp set in which I saw a floral petal :) 



STEP 1
I have always wanted to play with my mixed media stamps and since mixed media is not my style... all the more reason for me to play. So when I saw this scribbled design stamp (from Scribbly Splattery Grunge) I thought how about using it as a petal for my flower. To make the flower, I hand drew a semi-circle along the edge of water color card stock and heat embossed the stamp with clear embossing powder.




STEP 2
To enhance the white flower, I used dark shades of green and purple for water coloring around the flower. I colored with wet on dry for the first layer and since the colors were not dark enough I did another layer as well using the same technique.




STEP 3
To add more interest, when the colors were still wet I added a splatter of green, purple and white pearl on the base. Once the base was dry, I stamped some text background and used the white ink pad for making white edges.





STEP 4
In my final card, those white edges are missing because I changed it and that I think is what makes mixed media art great -- we can easily correct our errors. I was not too excited with the white edge so I did the same thing with a black ink pad. To finish the card I stamped the sentiment and added it along with a die cut :)

Here is the finished card again :)


 SheryRuss_Scribbly Splattery Grunge-preview SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements SheryRuss_LifeInFullColor-preview

seriously-worddie

That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try.Happy paper crafting!

13 comments:

  1. beautiful card! love the unique use of the grungy stamp as a flower petal, very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with such a beautiful result! I'm off now to look at my stamps to see what I can see!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So clever to make a flower like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you made your flower! Great use of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the way you used your stamps!!! great artwork

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, Now I have to try this...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingenious...absolutely ingenious!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deepti!!! Seriously?!? This is phenomenally beautiful - I cannot believe it isn't a floral stamp! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)