Wednesday, April 05, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Cuts Some Roses


I've been playing with the fabulous new stamp club set for April/May 2017 and its coordinating dies - Trendy Spring Blooms and Trendy Spring Blooms dies.



I started by inking the solid text rose image with Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade, then spritzed it lightly before stamping.


You get differing results depending on how heavily you spritz.  Too light and the inks don't pool as well (top centre), too heavy and although the inks pool, you could lose definition (bottom right).  It's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, because mummy bear on the left there is just right.


Once I'd stamped those roses I cut three masks, then inked up the leaf sprigs with Peeled Paint and Forest Moss and stamped them in between the flowers, later dabbing some green in the centre as well.


For a bit of impact, I thought I'd go for black outlines for my roses.


I added just a touch of bookbinding glue under the centre parts of the diecuts because I wanted the edges to lift away from the page so that you see more of the stamped images.


Here's a look at the finished card again.


If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

  

14 comments:

  1. Stunning! I can't wait to get my hands on this set!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take a dozen of these roses!! What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take a dozen of these roses!! What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the shape of the rose die :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, gorgeous!! I already have my set, so will have to try this. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this card Shirley. Beautiful bright colours and lovely layout. Mine came in the mail yesterday and can't wait to use them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dramatic black outlines really make this card stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous roses, Shirley...signs of Spring to come...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a stunning card - thanks for the step by step.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)