Monday, July 10, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Quilt Block Journal Page with Amy Almeida

 
Good afternoon everyone, Amy here, with a Journal Page using the new ARTplorations Stencils: Layered Petals, Bubble Dance and Plaid Maker along with the new Bold Sentiments: Gorgeous stamp set !



I started with an 8x8 Chipboard Journal Page and added a base layer of Gesso. Once dry, I added some Magenta and Teal acrylic paints. I then added White acrylic pain thru the PLAID MAKER Stencil with a pouncing sponge.


Once that layer was dry, I then added the Teal from the base layer thru the LAYERED PETALS stencil, again using a pouncing sponge. I then added the Magenta acrylic paint thru the BUBBLE DANCE stencil on the top and beneath the Layered stenciled area.

I wanted it to look like a Quilt block, so I added some doodling around the bubbles and petals in black and white gel pens. I finished with the BOLD SENTIMENTS- GORGEOUS stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.



There we have it, a simple but vibrant "Quilt-Block" Journal Page using some acrylic paints, stencils and a beautiful sentiment. I sure hope I've inspired you to get crafty today!



Don't forget you can use code STAMPGIRLAMY to save 20% in the STAMPlorations online shop. :o)


STAMPlorations products used:
http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Plaid-Maker-ARTplorations-Stencil-P5656263.aspx http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Layered-Petals-ARTplorations-Stencil-P5693955.aspx  http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Bubble-Dance-ARTplorations-Stencil-P5590372.aspxhttp://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Bold-Sentiments-Gorgeous-P5698893.aspx

Other products: 
8x8 Chipboard Journal Page, Gesso, Liquitex Quinacridone Magenta & Bright Aqua Green Acrylic Paints, Jet Black Archival Ink, Bic Black Gel Pen and Signo White Gel Pen.

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)