Tuesday, April 07, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Puts the Spotlight on Bold Florals


Hi, Cornelia here today playing with the Bold Florals stencil, embossing paste and microbeads. Here is my card:



I masked off one of the blossoms with washi tape


and sponged with distress inks



Next, I smeared clear drying embossing paste over it.


I lifted the stencil off - got a little smudge on there - I covered it up later....


I sprinkled microbeads on it. You can see it better in the close-up.



I added some stamped leaves from the set VIGNETTE: Eclectic Florals


I heat embossed the sentiment onto 3 different colored pieces of card stock, sewed them on, and added little pearls to the center of the blossom.


Hope you liked this and perhaps will give it a try - those microbeads look amazing in real life!


Stamps Cornelia used in today's project:

    

Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for April. We'll pick TWO (2) commenters to each win a $10 gift certificate or their choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winners on May 1!

23 comments:

  1. I have lots of these little beads and never know what to do with them. Must give this a try. Once I find some clear embossing paste ROFL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cornelia...your bloom has incredible impact with the colours and the beads! Stunning! Do the beads just adhere on their own to the embossing paste? You've definitely got me intrigued...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie! Gorgeous! Love the tiny beads! Very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright, vivid, gorgeous and so amazing!! That blossom looks like it has been kissed by morning dew and is just so sparkly and beautiful!! I cannot believe this - I am in awe at how amazing this is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its sooooo beautiful, love the colors and micro-beads on it, so refreshing creation! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright beauty ! Loved the texture with microbeads n the stitching threads..wow ! I often find it difficult to use large floral stencil...you have given a fab idea Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This flower and so many ways! It is a gorgeous card Cornelia! I totally loved the micro-beads over the embossing paste! So cool! 8)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is stunning!!! - now to find some clear drying embossing paste :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!! The microbeads add such a beautiful dimension to the flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a fab use of those microbeads. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way the flower sparkles and shines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! I love that flower with the microbeads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly beautiful card Cornelia. You really rock the stencils. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a glamorous card Cornelia! Loving your tutorial, tfs! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. einfach ausgezeichnet...
    wunderbar anzusehen !!!
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply stunning and thanks for sharing your amazing technique Cornelia.
    Those seed beads and embossing paste certainly make the flower pop!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)