Monday, February 20, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Art Journal Cover by Tanja


Hi there,

it's Tanja here and I would like to share a new Step-by-Step Tutorial with you.
If you are interested in the products I used or other STAMPlorations, ARTplorations or CUTplorations products, I have a special treat for you: use the discount code STAMPGIRLTANJA and get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.




  • this DIY multi surface Art Journal contains a Textured Surface, Glossy Cardstock, Canvas, Manila Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Kraft Cardstock, Watercolor Paper and Black Cardstock
  • the front and the back cover are cut from sturdy watercolor paper
  • I used the new CUTplorations Lacy Edges/Borders dies for the right/bottom edge of the pages
  • in this post I will show you how I created the front cover
  • color the image with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens
  • add shading with a Distress Marker (Hickory Smoke) and a black Stabilo All Pencil
  • create a background with Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean) and a wet watercolor brush
  • pick up some left-over ink from the craft sheet to add droplets

I hope you got inspired.

Yours,

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)