Wednesday, February 08, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Salvages Some Garish Sponging


I made a couple of cards for Day 5 of the release week using the new alphabet and numbers die plates, and I thought that today I'd show you what I did with the 'waste' from cutting the letters and numbers.



I had a piece of mixed media card that I'd sponged with bright Distress Inks. The result was quite garish, so I put it in the 'later' pile.  And there it stayed, challenging me every so often: throw away or salvage? Well, if it's headed for the bin anyway, there's nothing to lose from at least trying something with it first.

I stamped images from the Scribbly Splattery Grunge set, then die cut the Uppercase Alphabet Plate Die, Lowercase Alphabet Plate Die and Numbers Plate Die. It was only at this stage that I thought to take photos!


I used some of the letters for two cards on Day 5 but I didn't want to waste the negative shapes. Here's what I did with them.


The sentiment is from Party Time.


This next card is notelet/gift card sized.


I cut this small tag from what was left, stamping the sentiment (from Rosebuds) on spare white card and adding a remnant strip across the bottom.


And I've still got a good selection of numbers and letters left!


If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

   
  

11 comments:

  1. Clever you to keep those pieces for down the road! You've created delights with your leftovers!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to find a new use for 'cast offs' - you have done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all your cards made from scrap saved pieces Shirley. Your designs are so creative. TFS my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ideas :) what a fun way to use up something relegated to the later/may-throw-away pile. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - who would have thought you could have something so stunning from a couple of pieces of almost scrap - and to use both the negative and positive is fabulous use of the card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way of using up the negatives, fun, vibrant and love them x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)