Wednesday, February 22, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Goes On A Hashtag Spree




I've been playing with all the hashtag words in the February 2017 stamp club set, Hello You


I laid them in two rows on an acrylic block then stamped across a kraft panel with Versamark.


You'll observe that the stamping isn't very neat! Fortunately it was just going to be a background. I embossed it with clear powder before sponging Old Paper Distress Ink through the Just Squares stencil.


Then I diecut a panel of white card using the Art Edges CUTplorations die. I stamped and fussy cut the mobile phone and watercoloured it with Hickory Smoke.


I had to perform a bit of stamp surgery because my panel was too narrow to accommodate the "It's been a while" sentiment on one line. I stapled the panel to the background then mounted it onto my card base.


I like the contrast of hashtags/mobile phone and good old-fashioned notepaper :)

If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.


7 comments:

  1. Stamping surgery looks great. Fabulous card and thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Love how you "made" your own pp using the stamped words! Great idea cutting the stamps to fit your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - the textural and colour contrasts are great
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)