Thursday, May 17, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Uses Crystals to Embellish!



Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to a spotlight feature. Today I am playing with the newest stamp club set, Sparkly. For this one I decided to use the crystals as embellishments :) Let me show you what I made.


STEP 1
I took a white card stock panel and stamped the image several times with black ink. This is one of those cards where my initial idea transformed completely to a new design :D but I am glad I went forward with the new idea.



STEP 2
Now I simply colored these using primary colors in Prisma color pencils. Kept the coloring simple with solid colors :)



STEP 3
I cut these pieces out.



STEP 4
I stamped the floral image in black, fuzzy cut it. This will serve as my arrangement on which I will embellish :)




STEP 5
I used an Xacto knife to cut out along the floral edge and insert the gem stone. Also cut out a patterned paper panel for my base panel.



Finally, I adhered it all together and stamped the sentiment on top. I used on 3 of the gem stones, the other two were stuck on the inside :)

Here's the card one more time.



I have used Sparkly and Precious Plumerias


That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try.

Happy paper crafting!

2 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)