Thursday, May 03, 2018

{Spotlight Project} A Starry Night with Deepti!


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to a spotlight feature. Today I am playing with the newest stampclub set, Sparkly. For this one I decided to create a starry night using the gem stones in this set as my stars. Let me show you what I made.


Step 1
I took a black card stock panel and stamped the image in white ink in groups of three to build my background. I did not want to stamp the whole background so I kept some areas blank.



Step 2
 Now I simply colored these using Twinkling H2Os. The key to color these was to use Size 0 brush and to leave a little space between the stamped line and the actual color that I did. This makes them look like crystals.



Step 3
I added some pearl pigment splatter with a greater concentration around the gems.



Step 4
I used a fine tip black marker to nicely define the gaps I left while coloring the gem stones.



Step 5
I used some inks to add details into the black sky. I simply dabbed the inks with my finger. I did leave finger prints for extra texturing :)



Step 6
I die cut the sentiment from a glitter paper and put it all together.



Here is a look into the card one more time.



I have used Sparkly and Celebration Dies [available starting mid-May]

   

9 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)